Starting school September 2019? Come and look at Ark Castledown
Ark Castledown welcomes you to visit for prospective September 2019 Reception children. No appointment is necessary - we look forward to meeting you!
Tuesday 13th November: 9.30am
Wednesday 14th November: 9.30am
Thursday 15th November: 1.30pm
Want to apply for a place? Click here for further information.
Admissions and how to apply
How to Apply for Reception 2019
The academy will admit 60 Reception year students each September.
Admissions are managed through East Sussex County Council school admissions team. Information on Ark Castledown Primary Academy is included in their starting school brochure. Copies will also be available from most nurseries and early years centres.
To apply for a place for your child to join Ark Castledown in September 2019 you must apply through the East Sussex County Council website.
For more information about the admissions process, including key dates, please see the East Sussex website.
Please note that admissions for entry into Reception class 2019 open online from 12th September 2019 and close on 15th January 2019.
Allocation decisions are sent on 16th April 2019.
Please contact our Admissions Officer, Mrs Du Randt, office@arkcastledown'org if you have any queries.
In-year admissions are managed through East Sussex County Council. If you would like to visit the academy please contact our Admissions Officer, Mrs Du Randt, on firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to meet you.
ARK Castledown Primary Academy is a non-selective school for local children. If the academy is oversubscribed, priority will be given to students with statements of special educational needs, where the academy is named on the statement. The remaining places will then be offered in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address)
- Children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage)
- Children who live in the relevant East Sussex defined community area, prioritised according to the measure used by East Sussex Council
- The remaining places will be allocated to children who live in the relevant East Sussex defined community area, prioritised according to the measure used by East Sussex Council
For full details, please see the Admission Policy 2019-20.pdf
Application Timetable for Reception 2019
Apply online form 12th September 2018
Closing date for primary school applications 15th January 2019.
National Allocation Day is 16 April 2019.
Appeal hearings take place June and July 2019. Please follow this link for further information about the appeals process and timetable.
If you have any questions about the school, the admissions process, or want to arrange a visit, then please contact us.