New Reception Year pupil intake for September 2018
Congratulations to all those allocated a September 2018 Reception Year place at Ark Castledown. Please remember to return paper copies of your completed admission forms to our school office as soon as possible to confirm your acceptance. If you have been offered but do not wish to take up your place, please do let the school office know as soon as possible so that the place can be allocated to another pupil. Paper copies of the admission forms are available from the school office.
Admissions and how to apply
How to Apply for Reception 2018
The academy will admit 60 Reception year students each September.
Admissions are managed through East Sussex County Council school admissions team. Information on Ark Castledown Primary Academy is included in their starting school brochure.
To apply for a place for your child to join Ark Castledown in September 2018 you must apply through the East Sussex County Council website.
For more information about the admissions process, including key dates, please see the East Sussex website.
In-year admissions are managed through East Sussex County Council. If you would like to visit the acadmey please contact our Admissions Officer on email@example.com who will be happy to meet you.
ARK Castledown Primary Academy is a non-selective school for local children. If the academy is oversubscribed, priority will be given to students with statements of special educational needs, where the academy is named on the statement. The remaining places will then be offered in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address)
- Children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage)
- Children who live in the relevant East Sussex defined community area, prioritised according to the measure used by East Sussex Council
The remaining places will be allocated to children who live in the relevant East Sussex defined community area, prioritised according to the measure used by East Sussex Council
For full details, please see the admissions policy
Application Timetable for Reception 2018
Closing date for primary school applications is 15 January 2018.
National Allocation Day is 16 April 2018.
Appeal hearings take place April - June 2018
Ark Network Appeals Timetable
If you have any questions about the school, the admissions process, or want to arrange a visit, then please contact us.