Admissions and how to apply for a place
How to apply for reception in 2019
The academy will admit 60 reception year students each September.
To apply for a place for your child to join Ark Castledown in September 2019 you must apply through the East Sussex County Council website. All Admissions are managed through East Sussex County Council school admissions team. Information on Ark Castledown Primary Academy is included in their starting school brochure.
For more information about the admissions process, including key dates, please see the East Sussex County Council website.
Please note that admissions for entry into the reception class 2019 open online from Wednesday 12 September 2018 and close on Tuesday 15 January 2019.
Allocation decisions are sent on 16 April 2019.
If you would like to visit the school please contact our Admissions Officer on email@example.com who will be happy to meet you.
In-year admissions are managed through East Sussex County Council. If you would like to visit the school please contact our Admissions Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to meet you.
Ark Castledown Primary Academy is a non-selective school for local children. If the school is oversubscribed, priority will be given to students with statements of special educational needs, where the school is named on the statement. The remaining places will then be offered in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address)
- Children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage)
- Children who live in the relevant East Sussex defined community area, prioritised according to the measure used by East Sussex Council
For full details, please see the Admissions Policy for the 2019/20 academic year here.
Application timetable for reception in 2019
Apply online from 12 September 2018.
Closing date for primary school applications is 15 January 2019.
National Allocation Day is 16 April 2019.
Appeal hearings take place in June and July 2019. Take a look here for further information about the appeals process and timetable.
If you have any questions about the school, the admissions process, or want to arrange a visit, then please contact us.