Admissions and how to apply for a place
How to apply for Reception in 2020
The academy will admit 60 Reception year students each September.
To apply for a place for your child to join Ark Castledown in September 2020 you must apply through the East Sussex County Council website. All Admissions are managed through East Sussex County Council school admissions team. Information on Ark Castledown Primary Academy is included in their starting school brochure.
For more information about the admissions process, including key dates, please see the East Sussex County Council website.
Please note that admissions for entry into the reception class 2020 open online from Thusday 12 September 2019 and close on Wednesday 15 January 2020.
Allocation decisions (offer date) are sent on Thursday 16 April 2020.
If you would like to visit the school please contact our Admissions Officer on email@example.com who will be happy to meet you.
Ark Castledown Primary Academy is a non-selective school for local children. If the school is oversubscribed, priority will be given to students with statements of special educational needs, where the school is named on the statement. The remaining places will then be offered in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address)
- Children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage)
- Children who live in the relevant East Sussex defined community area, prioritised according to the measure used by East Sussex Council
For full details, please see the Admissions Policy for the 2019/20 academic year Ark Castledown Admission Policy 2019-20.pdf.
For full details, please see the Admissions Policy for the 2020/21 academic year Ark Castledown Admission Policy 2020-21.pdf