Together We Achieve
A strong command of English and maths is vital for success across the whole curriculum. We prioritise these subjects and dedicate extra time to them so that pupils are confident and have the strong foundations they need to succeed.
Ark Castledown Primary Academy is committed to providing a curriculum that inspires and excites our pupils to achieve excellence and motivates them to succeed.
- is focused upon high standards in mathematics, reading and writing as well as being broad and balanced, providing plenty of opportunities for enrichment
- excites our pupils’ imaginations
- is progressive, ensuring continuity from Reception to Year 6
- provides a firm foundation for later learning and subject choice
- is relevant to our pupils and their surroundings
- is underpinned by outstanding teaching.
Assessment Without Levels
Levels in Schools:
Until September 2014, we had worked with levels in schools for over 15 years. We also tracked children throughout their school life using national curriculum levels as our educational language.
Changes from September 2014:
In September, the Government removed levels in schools for all children in KS1 and KS2. The Early Years curriculum has remained unchanged.
What does this mean for ARK Castledown?:
Schools now need to change and develop their assessment practices. This is a huge change for all schools. In response to these government reforms, all ARK Academies are working towards a common approach to assessment.