Vision and values
Our mission is to prepare our pupils to succeed and to achieve their full potential.
We set high expectations for learning and behaviour in our daily lives at Ark Castledown, which is shared with pupils, staff and parents.
Every Ark Castledown pupil is expected to graduate from our school with the qualifications, skills and confidence to achieve their ambitions and go on to higher education or their chosen career.
Social Justice: our purpose is to promote a fair society where everyone will have equal opportunities to determine their own future.
Growth Mindset: Growth mindset is the belief that your success is determined by hard work, resilience and a positive attitude to failure.
Professionalism: Professionalism is the belief that respectful communication, excellent habits and polished presentation lead to high expectations.
BELIEVE AND ACHIEVE
- Relationships: We value relationships that are nurturing and based on mutual trust and high levels of respect.
- Independence: We value independence because it empowers us to take responsibility for our actions and achieving our
- full potential.
- Resilience: We value resilience as the ability to see challenges as valuable learning opportunities.
- Integrity: We value integrity as the quality of having a strong moral purpose and being honest with our words and actions.
- Enthusiasm: We value approaching everything that we do with enthusiasm and joy.
- Opportunity: We value equal opportunities and treat everybody fairly at all times.