Admissions and how to apply for a place
How to apply for Reception in 2022
The academy will admit 60 Reception year students each September.
To apply for a place for your child to join Ark Castledown in September 2022 you must apply through the East Sussex County Council website. All Admissions are managed through East Sussex County Council school admissions team. Information on Ark Castledown Primary Academy is included in their 'Apply for a School' website, which you can access here.
For more information about the admissions process, including key dates, please see the East Sussex County Council website. You can also take a look at our school in the 'Welcome to Ark Castledown' video here.
Please note that admissions for entry into the Reception class 2022 open online from 12 September 2021 and close on 15 January 2022.
Allocation decisions (offer date) are sent on: 18 April 2022.
If you have any queries please contact our Admissions Officer, Mrs C Du Randt, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ark Castledown Primary Academy is a non-selective school for local children. If the school is oversubscribed, priority will be given to students with statements of special educational needs, where the academy is named on the statement. The remaining places will then be offered in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address)
- Children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage)
- Children who live in the relevant East Sussex defined community area, prioritised according to the measure used by East Sussex Council
- The remaining places will be allocated to children who live in the relevant East Sussex defined community area, prioritised according to the measure used by East Sussex Council
For full details, please see below: