Together We Achieve
A strong command of English and maths is vital for success across the whole curriculum. We prioritise these subjects and dedicate extra time to them so that pupils are confident and have the strong foundations they need to excel.
Ark Castledown Primary Academy is committed to providing a curriculum that inspires and excites our pupils to achieve excellence and motivates them to succeed.
- is focused upon high standards in mathematics, reading and writing as well as being broad and balanced, providing plenty of opportunities for enrichment
- excites our pupils’ imaginations
- is progressive, ensuring continuity from Reception to year six
- provides a firm foundation for later learning and subject choice
- is relevant to our pupils and their surroundings
- is underpinned by outstanding teaching.
Depth for Breadth
Our first priority is to build a secure foundation in English and mathematics as the basis for all other learning. Pupils will be taught to read, write and work with numbers fluently and confidently. Where pupils need extra support, it will be provided, to ensure that every child reaches and exceeds nationally expected standards
If you would any further information regarding our school curriculum, please speak to a member of the school office team, who will put you in contact with our Assistant Head Teacher for Teaching and Learning.