Exhibitions usually happen at the end of every half term and involve pupils showcasing the beautiful work they have created that term in front of an authentic audience of parents, pupils, staff and Governors.
These events transform the school into a bustling hub of activity in which products and learning journeys from every year group are displayed: music, drama, sculpture, collections of writings, art, science and maths all have their place. Upon competition of the Expo, pupil work will be displayed in the reception area for the length of the next half term.
Purpose of Exhibitions
- Pupils have the chance to reflect on their story of learning and use their oracy skills.
- Pupils are made accountable for their efforts and are exposed if there is little to show for their term’s work.
- Pupils and teachers are inspired by the healthy competition of seeing others’ work.
- Pupils learn that in the real world people create work of real value.
- Pupils learn the value of working in teams to meet deadline.
Castledown Expos Calendar
|TERM 1||TERM 2||TERM 3||TERM 4||TERM 5||TERM 6|
|Year 4||Year 2||Year 6||Year 3||Year 5||Year 1|