Welcome to Ark Castledown Nursery
Childcare in a safe and secure setting for children aged 3 to 4 years
We offer a wide range of learning through play and structured activities in our large all-weather outdoor space. Our Nursery provision is within the school setting where your child can play and learn alongside our Reception children. We offer 15 and 30 hours per week for up to 38 weeks a year.
The Nursery follows the curriculum as set out by the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
In EYFS there are seven areas of learning and development.
- Communication and Language – children develop their listening, understanding and speaking skills in a range of situations.
- Physical Development – children develop their co-ordination, control and movement.
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development – children form positive relationships, show self-confidence and understand routines, children are able to listen and talk about stories they enjoy. They also begin to recognise and write their own name, children begin to count with a range of objects, recognise number and use language related to shape, size and measures.
- Understanding the World – children find out about people, place’s, technology and the environment.
- Expressive Art and Design – exploring a wide range of media and sharing their thoughts and feelings through role-play, music, movement and design and technology.
- Maths - to develop a clear understanding of shape, space and measure, to be able to recite numbers in order to 10 and to recognise numerals in the environment.
- Literacy - to become aware of the mark making for a purpose, forming recognisable letters and to show an interest in stories and the way they are structured
The nursery is open on weekdays during term time with the exception of Bank Holidays and some school INSET days:
Morning sessions for three to four year olds: 8.30am - 11.30am
Afternoon sessions for three and four year olds: 12.15am - 3.15pm
30 hour sessions: 8.30am - 3.15pm
To ensure quality and continuity to the provision offered to the children, any other nursery attendance patterns requested cannot be accommodated.