At Ark Castledown Primary Academy, we have a uniform policy, which reinforces our culture of high expectations and academic achievement. We encourage age-appropriate dress and we make sure pupils understand that there is suitable attire for different settings: school; places of worship; work; holidays and weekends. The uniform policy is effective throughout the school year.
- All pupils must dress according to the Uniform Policy, which can be found on our policies page. This is a very important part of our ethos and culture.
- Uniform unites us as a community. We learn, practise, play and succeed together. All pupils make a commitment when they put on their Ark Castledown uniform that they will abide by the rules of the academy community.
- Uniform reduces distractions. We are focused on our learning, the basics being reading, writing, mathematics and citizenship.
- Uniform makes us all equal. The children come to school looking the same way. No one has to feel awkward about the clothes they have or don’t have.
- Uniform gives us all an identity to be part and proud of.
- Uniforms are professional. Pupils look smart, neat and ready to learn.
|Ark Castledown School Uniform|
|Autumn & Spring (Terms 1 – 4)
|Summer (Term 5-6)Uniform as before
*These items are available to purchase via Super Stitch 86 (http://www.superstitch86.co.uk)
Our chosen supplier, Super Stitch 86, is a local business. Their contact details are:
Super Stitch 86
6-7 Castleham Rd,
TN38 9NR 01424 852225
Opening Hours 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday-Friday
9.00am - 12.30pm Saturday
Extended opening times during the school summer holiday period.
Many of the items above are readily available from the high street – if parents and carers find any item difficult to obtain, please contact the school office.
Please find our uniform policy on our policies page.