Welcome to Ark Castledown. We are a community primary school and nursery dedicated to providing the very best education for the children of our town.
We have a strong child-centred approach to teaching, where consistency, praise, encouragement and challenge are key. We believe that every child has a unique potential and we work hard to inspire and motivate children to achieve their goals.
We know that a successful and happy school depends on all of us working together, and that parents make an important contribution to children’s achievements at school. We are committed to developing excellent working relationships with our families and all members of our school community.
Please have a look at our website and if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us.
Rebecca is a Governor on the Ark Hastings Primary Academies LGB by virtue of her role as Head of School of Ark Castledown Primary Academy.
Believe and achieve
Our mission is to prepare and empower our pupils for success in the 21st Century. We want our children to be secure in the knowledge of who they are, where they come from and confident looking ahead to where they go next.
Our Learning for Life Values are embedded throughout all aspects of school life, promoting a growth mindset and developing a love for learning. They are:
- Eloquence – We speak with thought and purpose.
- Grit – We are determined. We don't give up.
- Responsibility – We are responsible for our learning and behaviour.
- Confidence – We believe in ourselves and our abilities.
- Kindness – We support and look after each other. We use kind words and actions.
- Curiosity – We are interested and want to learn new things.
Our provision for ages 3-4