At Ark Castledown Primary Academy, we have a uniform policy, which reinforces our culture of high expectations and academic achievement. We encourage age-appropriate dress and we make sure pupils understand that there is suitable attire for different settings: school; places of worship; work; holidays and weekends. The uniform policy is effective throughout the school year.
- All pupils must dress according to the Uniform Policy, which can be found on our policies page. This is a very important part of our ethos and culture.
- Uniform unites us as a community. We learn, practise, play and succeed together. All pupils make a commitment when they put on their Ark Castledown uniform that they will abide by the rules of the academy community.
- Uniform reduces distractions. We are focused on our learning, the basics being reading, writing, mathematics and citizenship.
- Uniform makes us all equal. The children come to school looking the same way. No one has to feel awkward about the clothes they have or don’t have.
- Uniform gives us all an identity to be part and proud of.
- Uniforms are professional. Pupils look smart, neat and ready to learn.
- Fine knit blue V-neck jumper with a Castledown logo *
- Long or short sleeved white shirt with buttoned collar
- Academy Tie*
- Black skirt, pinafore or black tailored trousers
- Black tights or black/white socks with skirt
- Black socks with trousers
- Closed-toed, hard-soled, all black plain shoes with a flat sole
- Y5 & Y6 grey Blazer with blue stripe & Castledown logo*
- Blue & white summer dress
- Short-sleeved white shirt with buttoned collar
- Tailored black shorts
- All black, closed-toed sandals/shoes
PE Kit (indoor and outdoor)
- Blue polo shirt with Castledown logo*
- Black shorts
- Black jogging bottoms (optional)
- Black trainers or black plimsolls
We ask that all clothing is named, including shoes, so that lost items can be returned to their owner. The school cannot accept responsibility for loss or damage of pupils’ property and valuables. All mislaid items are placed in the lost property box located in the school office.
Purchasing school uniform
*These items are available to purchase from Super Stitch 86 https://www.superstitch86.co.uk/
Or visit the store: 7 Castleham Road, St Leonards on Sea, TN38 9NR.
Most of the other items are readily available from the high street.
Please contact the school office if you wish to view our pre-loved uniform.